History Of "The Fisher House"
The Fisher House was previously owned and occupied by the Reverend Horace Jefferson and Vera Fisher. The house was orginally a one-story dwelling with a small attic and prior to renovations. The house was moved to this location in 1958 from Barrington,NJ.
Reverend Fisher retired from his church in Burlington,NJ, and was called back to pastor at St.John's in Berlin,NJ for serveral years. Rev.and Mrs.Fisher raised their three sons and one daughter in Lawnside.
Idea and Inspiration
The idea for The Fisher House, came from the proprietor, Alice Harris-Wood, through her mother, the late Lauretha Harris. Lauretha cared for the elderly in her home on Ashland Avenue, Magnolia ,NJ. As a child Alice heard her mother wish aloud of some day operating a home for seniors. Alice never forgot her mother's dream, which she has now made a reality.